- Liu Q., R. Lu, Y. Lu and T. Luong “Import Competition and Firm Innovation: Evidence from China”, forthcoming at the Journal of Development Economics https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdeveco.2021.102650
- Fan, H. and T. Luong and E. Lai and L. Zhang (2020) “Import liberalization and Export Product Mix” – forthcoming at the Canadian Journal of Economics.
- Luong, T. (2020) “Ethnic Diversity and the Quality of Export: Evidence from Chinese firm-level data” – forthcoming at the Journal of Economic Studies https://doi.org/10.1108/JES-08-2019-0367
- Luong, T. (2020) “Reopening the economy and food security” – Covid Economics, vol. 56 pp. 195-243
- Luong, T. and T. Nguyen (2020) “The impact of ICT on Service Trade” – forthcoming at the Singapore Economics Review.
- Luong, T. and T. Nguyen, (2020) ''Globalization and infectious diseases: Evidence on the reproduction rate of the COVID-19 pandemic'', Economics Bulletin, 40(2) pp. 1675-1685.
- Luong, T. (2018) “Picking Cherries or Lemons? A unified theory of cross-border mergers and acquisitions” – World Economy, vol. 41(2), pp. 653-666.
- H. Fan and X. Gao and A. Li and T. Luong (2017) “Trade Liberalization and Markups: Micro Evidence from China” - Journal of Comparative Economics, vol. 46(1), pp. 103-130.
- Luong, T. and W. Chen (2016) “The Intensive and Extensive Margins of Exports and Labor Heterogeneity” – Review of Development Economics, vol. 20(1) pp.201-13.
- Luong, T. (2013) “Does learning by exporting happen? Evidence from the automobile industry in China”, Review of Development Economics, vol. 17(3), pp. 461-73
- Luong, T. (2011) “The Impact of Input and Output Tariffs on Firms’ Productivity”, Review of International Economics, vol. 19(5), pp.821-35.
- Luong, T. (2007) “Monetary Policy and Credit Market Imperfections”, Vietnam Science & Technology Development, vol. 10(8)
Country of Export Destination Effects - with Shenyu Li and Rong Huang - Lambert Academic Publishing, 2016.